Sunday, May 31, 2009

LAUGHTER MAKES LIFE FUN


For a healthier, happier longevity, we need a little humor to lighten things up. To be able to look at ourselves, say, “Hey, I may not be 25 anymore, but, look at me, I am me, with all my faults and flaws, after 50, I am healthy, lively, happy and I can laugh at myself and maybe some times make others laugh.” Laughter is contagious and also some of the best medicine you can imagine. We need to lighten up and enjoy life to the fullest to enjoy a healthier, happier longevity. When was the last time you laughed so hard that it brought tears to your eyes? Remember how good it felt? It is an excellent way to relieve stress.

I recently got an email from a friend that I enjoyed and had a really good laugh. I do not know who wrote it. If I did, I would give them credit completely.

I hope this brings laughter to you and adds to your healthier longevity. We all know that exercise after 50 is very important for staying healthy as long as we can so here is an exercise to start with.


Exercise for people over 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-pound potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can.

Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-pound potato sacks.

Then try 50-pound potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-pound potato sack in each hand, and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each sack.


When was the last time you had a really good belly laugh?

Has laughter ever brought tears to your eyes?

1 comment:

V Wright said...

The absolute best exercise I've done in a long while. Thanks!