Tuesday, March 24, 2009

GET-A-WAY


When was the last time you had a little get-a-way? Taking time to escape from everyday stress and routine to relax and rejuvenate helps us stay young, stay healthier which leads to happier longevity.

A few months ago, my husband and I spent the weekend in Lake Arrowhead, CA. It was relaxing, quiet, and absolutely beautiful. The lake was clear, blue and calming. We found a super little shop in Lake Arrowhead Village with teas and the best Crepes I have ever eaten. Umm…. Various teas may provide health benefits with antioxidants for anti-aging, cardiovascular, weight loss, anti-cancer, arthritis, increased energy.


Looking for healthier longevity after 50, leads us to many places and things. Whether we get-a-way to the mountains with lakes, fresh air and trees, the desert for that warm, dry climate or the seaside with beaches, sand and balmy breezes, life after 50 should be a healthier and happier time in which to do these things. A healthy longevity is something to look forward to with great expectations. Traveling to your next get-a-way doesn’t have to be far away or expensive. It can be only a few miles away or hundreds of miles.

Where and when will you have your next get-a-way?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun place to spend some time. Love your backlinks.
Thanks for posting.

Virginia Wright said...

Don't know where we'd go at this point, Lela, but sure am ready to get away and relax. After reading your post, I'm ready NOW! The pic is sooo inviting and restful.

Anne said...

Mine was actually last Saturday for Earth Day. My daughter in law and Granddaughter came over and we roamed St. Michaels, MD ate steamed blue crabs, shopped the little shops, rode a ferry across to historic Oxford (where I raised my kids). All in all the most relaxing day I've had in a long time. We DO need to do this more often!! Anne