Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dreams Enhance a Happier Longevity


Dreams, things we often think about and long to do, inspire us and encourage us to stay young, to achieve those dreams. Creating hope and purpose in life, is imperative to staying young after 50. Getting up in the morning should be a pleasure, looking forward to a new day. I often dreamed of having my own career. At one time, I wanted to be an Interior Designer, but raising a family and taking care of my home, time passed. Having never pursued it, I do my own home decorating and absolutely love it. I also found a way to have that career I dreamed of doing something I really love and enjoy.

We are never too old to dream. Here is a lady that hasn’t given up on her dream. She is going for it and achieving this will increase her happier and healthier longevity. Most of us dream of a healthy life, free of diseases like cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease. Many dream of traveling after their children are out of the house, taking those dream trips to Hawaii, Europe, the Orient, cruising or traveling in their RV across the United States visiting parts of the country they haven’t yet seen, or revisiting favorite locales and being able to spend time with grandchildren. Staying young after 50 helps us to be able to pursue these things. How about that cute little sports car that didn’t have enough room for the kids? Or something daring like sky diving, scuba diving or piloting that sleek ski boat or wind surfing.

My husband and I are enjoying our healthier longevity having done quit a bit of traveling, visiting with family, friends in distant places. I visited my daughters and grandchildren five times last year. Living over 1000 miles away, traveling requires energy and stamina and they keep me very active when I am there. Check out some of my favorite products to see what helps me stay young after 50 and maintain that energy, stamina and stay healthy.

When was the last time you pursued your dream?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lela,
Love your blog! I like your post about dreams...I look forward to visiting again.
Diane

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly! Great post, Thanks.

Geoff White said...

Wow are you right! Dreaming about what you want instead of resisting what you don't.
I really like your blog and 'I'll be back' ;-)
Your pics are great and that video of Susan Boyle is just Totally Inspiring ~ thank you...